Automated Melee Testing (AMS2)
The new AMS2 instrument represents a significant technological advance in the field of diamond melee screening. A product of De Beers world-leading expertise in diamond research, a revolutionary measurement technique gives a much lower referral rate than its predecessor.
Operating at a much higher speed, the AMS2 instrument accepts a wider range of stone sizes and shapes with smaller minimum sizes, yet is available at a lower cost compared to the previous generation AMS device.
Around 99% of colourless and near colourless stones will pass and require no further examination. The AMS2 will refer for further tests all synthetics and simulants and less than 1% of natural diamonds. These referred stones can then be looked at on the DiamondView.
The AMS2 instrument measures approximately 315mm (w) x 400mm (d) x 550mm (h). The machine can be located in any type of environmentally controlled facility. The instrument has a fully embedded system; no external PC is required.
- Automated feed and dispense
- Low referral rate
- Speed: up to 3600 stones per hour
- Cuts: round brilliant and many fancy shapes
- Stone size: round brilliants - 0.0033cts up to 0.2cts fancy shapes - 0.01cts up to 0.2cts
- Colour range: Colourless/Near Colourless
- Failsafe in all colour ranges
- Fully embedded system; No external PC required
- For both CVD & HPHT synthetics