DiamondView looks at surface fluorescence by illuminating with short-wave ultra-violet light. An image of this is then viewable on a screen and a decision can be made as to whether the stone is natural or synthetic.
Loose polished stones are held in place by a vacuum holder. A modified holder for large stones is available, and a small stone holder is provided with the high magnification version. It is also possible to look at some mounted goods such as stud earrings and simple rings, by changing the holder assembly using the adapters provided. The colour of the fluorescence, the fluorescence pattern and the absence or presence of phosphorescence will differ depending on the stones natural or synthetic origin.
To aid user interpretation of blue fluorescing CVD synthetics, easy to change filters are provided, which enhance synthetic-specific features. The DiamondView is approximately 20cm in width, 40 cm in depth and 25cm in height.
- Mains power adaptor cable with plug (for destination country)
- USB A-B cable
- IEEE1394 FireWire 6-pin cable
- Software CD (Windows 7 compliant)
- Calibration samples (calcite & ball bearing)
- Suction cups (2 x 2.5mm & 2 x 3.5mm)
- Sample height-setting gauge
- Jewellery holder
- Quick Start Guide
- User manual
- 1 year parts/service warranty