Non-Nuclear Dense Medium Controller (DMC)
Coal, Iron Ore, Chrome, Diamonds
A non-nuclear density meter for the measurement of slurries containing magnetic particles. Ideal for the density measurement of magnetite or ferro-silicon slurries as utilised in coal, iron ore, chrome and diamond Dense Medium Separation plants.
- Non-nuclear density measurement device
- Suitable for Magnetite, Milled FeSi and Atomised FeSi slurry applications
- Density measurement independent of flow rate
- No moving parts
- Temperature stabilised
- Standard analog and various fieldbus output options
- No maintenance – no periodic cleaning required
- In-field, one point recalibration – no process adjustment or shutdown required
- ON-OFF and PID output control to achieve desired density
- Full density range 1.00 – 4.50 S.G. (Medium specific)
- Accuracy of 0.01 S.G
The Dense Medium Controller (DMC) is designed to measure the density of slurries accurately and reliably in Dense Medium Separation Plants.
The technology used is non-nuclear and has been used in the diamond industry for over a decade. Being non-nuclear eliminates the legislative, safety, environmental and personnel skill requirements associated with nucleonic densitometers.
- Density readout on Controller screen.
- PID controller output to external control valve.
- Bang-bang (on-off) output with user defined hysteresis to optional solenoid valve control.
Pipe Material: High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) PN16 PE100 (SDR11)
Degree of protection: IP66, certified by the SABS to SANS 60529:2001
- 85 to 264 VAC (47 to 63 Hz), 0.3A RMS at 230 VAC
- 120 to 370 VDC
Bypassing the internal power supply unit:
The Controller is protected against reverse polarity.
Analog output (2 wire): 4 to 20mA, 0 to 20mA, 0 to 24mA or 0-10VDC
Serial output: RS-232
Optional Fieldbus outputs:
- Currently available: Profibus DP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet
- On request: CANopen, DeviceNet, Modbus-TCP